Nuremberg ToyAwards finalists revealed
Shortlist includes 12 companies across four categories with winners announced this evening
The shortlist for this year's Spielwarenmesse ToyAwards has been announced across four categories: Baby and Infant, Pre-school, School kids, and Teenagers and Adults.
A total of 397 companies submitted 643 new products for this year's coveted awards - and the winners will be announced this evening, the opening day of Nuremberg Toy Fair.
The expert panel judged all submissions based on the criteria of gaming fun, originality, finish and quality, safety, comprehensibility of product concept as well as potential success in the retail trade.
A dozen outstanding new products for the ToyAward 2018 were selected as finalists, which are:
Baby and Infant (0-3 years)
- Activity-Pinguin kuckuck/Coppenrath Verlag (Hall 1/C-34)
- Kullerbü – Spielbahn Parkhaus/Habermaass (Hall 3/A-13, C-12)
- Raki/Pars Pro Toto (Hall 8/D-31)
Pre-school (3-6 years)
- ARIA/Wise Toys (Foyer Hall 10.0/13)
- MY WOODEN MAGNET NOTEBOOK/COMET NOVELTY (Hall 3/A-05)
- Robo Chameleon/Silverlit Toys Manufactory (Hall 6/C-11, B-10)
School kids (6-10 years)
- FEBER MAD RACER/FAMOSA (Hall 1/F-34)
- Oonies Inflator Starter Pack/Moose Toys (Hall 12.0/E-05-1)
- Pepper Mint und das Baumhaus-Abenteuer/Kosmos / Thames & Kosmos (Hall 10.0/G-02)
Teenager and Adults (10 years and older)
- 1:87 VW T1 Samba Bus 2.4G 100% RTR/TAMIYA-CARSON Modellbau (Hall 7A/B-119)
- Modellbahn im Aktenkoffer/NOCH (Hall 4A/C-211)
- Watercolor Waves Limited Edition Mermaid Tail & Monofin Set/Blue Spring Partners / DBA Fin Fun (Hall 3A/B-34)