Big licenses signed for Smooshy Mushy
Multi-category deals inked for huge toy brand
OLO Industries, in partnership with RedwoodVentures, has announced the North American and European licensees for Smooshy Mushy, the hugely successful girls' collectibles line launched by Bandai in the Uk in late 2017.
Through their efforts as Smooshy Mushy’s exclusive licensing and brand management agents, Evolution USA and Lisle Licensing have released the first list of Smooshy Mushy licensed products to appear at retail in North America, United Kingdom and Europe.
Shelly Owen, founder and owner of OLO Industries, said, “We have a very strong online community with our huge #SmooshySquad. The brand has really evolved into a fully dimensional kids global brand and we’re super excited to see the Smooshy Mushy story unfold across all of these categories.” RedwoodVentures’ president Andy Wiseman commented, “Smooshy Mushy continues to excite kids all across the globe as they hunt for new product weekly to complete their collections. We’re simply thrilled with the retail movement not only in the US, but also UK, Australia and other territories. We can’t keep the product on the shelf".
Latest deals include:
• Fashion apparel, tee shirts, swimwear and outerwear from The Bentex Group of Companies – H.I.S. International, Dreamwave, and Extreme Concepts
• Packaged and hanging underwear from Handcraft Manufacturing Corp
• Bags, backpacks and lunch kits from Fast Forward
• Headwear and cold weather accessories from Concept One
• Hosiery, tights and slipper socks from High Point Design
• Back-to-school supplies and stationary from Inkology
• Arts, crafts and activities from Horizon Group
• Games and puzzles from Spin Master and Cardinal (worldwide rights)
• Youth electronics from KIDdesigns Inc
• Bedding, beach, bath, accessories and room décor from Franco Manufacturing
• Amusement plush and novelty from Fiesta Concession Corp
• Online assortment of digital collectibles from BLMP Network (worldwide rights)
• Novelty Candy and confections from Radz II In Europe, where Smooshy Mushy just recently hit retail in the UK to huge success, DJ Murphy has been appointed as the magazine publisher in the UK and Ireland. As the collectible line rolls out in Europe, additional licensees in publishing and apparel will soon to be announced. Other categories in final negotiation for the North American market are sleepwear, plush, health and beauty care, hair accessories and publishing with premiere licensing partners to be announced shortly.
In addition to a robust and highly sought after branded licensing program, OLO Industries and RedwoodVentures will be supporting the brand expansion of Smooshy Mushy™ with short-form animation in conjunction with Wild Brain. For more information about Smooshy Mushy™, visit: Smooshymushy.us. or visit the Evolution brand booth (C142) at the upcoming International Licensing Expo in Las Vegas NV, May 22-24.