Terms and Conditions
Lema Publishing Ltd
Conditions of Acceptance
In these conditions, the term ‘Advertiser’ shall mean the party who
books the space and is responsible.
1. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw or
otherwise deal with all advertisements submitted to him at his absolute
discretion and without explanation. All advertisements must comply with
the British Code of Advertising Practice.
2. The PUBLISHER will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential
or otherwise occasioned by error, late publication or the failure of an
advertisement to appear form any cause whatsoever.
3. The ADVERTISER will indemnify the PUBLISHER against any damage and/or
loss and/or expense which the PUBLISHER may incur as a direct
consequence of the ADVERTISER’s announcement.
4. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at
any time at any time or to amend the terms contract as regards space or
frequency of insertion. In such event the ADVERTISER has the option of
cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge.
5. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to refuse stop-orders, cancellations
or transfers unless they are received not less than two months prior to
copy dates, or three months in the case of cover positions.
6. If the ADVERTISER cancels the balance of a contract, except in the
circumstances stated in paragraph four, all unearned series discount
will be surcharged. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to surcharge in the
event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period.
7. Where the ADVERTISER has undertaken to supply inserts which have been
accepted and approved by the PUBLISHER, the PUBLISHER reserves the
right to charge rate agrees of they fail to arrive at the agreed time
and place for insertion.
8. The PUBLISHERS terms of payment.
Payment of accounts shall be made not later than 30 days from date of
invoice (Invoices are normally dated on or within a few days of the date
of distribution of the journal to which they refer).
The existence of a query on any individual item in an account shall not
affect to due date of payment of the balance of the account. We shall
make a surcharge of two per cent of the cost of any advertisement for
which payment has not been despatched on or before the 30th day
following the due date. The said surcharges shall be applied to the
gross cost of an advertisement and shall not be subject to any
commission to which an agency may otherwise be entitled.
9. Display copy must be supplied 21 days before date of issue booked, in
the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy date the
PUBLISHER reserves the right to repeat the copy last used. The
ADVERTISER is responsible for the quality of images supplied via email
10. Lema Publishing cannot be held responsible for any advertisement
supplied with incorrect Overprint.
11. Provided copy is received by the stipulated copy date, except in the
case of repeat advertisements, the PUBLISHER will endeavour to provide
12. All display advertisement orders, amendments and cancellations are
acknowledged. Proof of posting of advertisement instructions will not be
accepted as evidence of receipt.
13. The ADVERTISER shall be responsible for the insurance of all
photographs etc, discs and other advertisement material delivered by him
to the PUBLISHER and the PUBLISHER cannot accept any liability for any
loss or damage.
14. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to destroy all advertising copy and
other material which have been in his (or his printer’s) custody for
three months provided always that the ADVERTISER, or his agent, has been
given instructions to the contrary. The PUBLISHER may excersise this
right, without giving further notice to the ADVERTISER.
15. All Advertisements due to appear in any publication belonging to
Lema Publishing Ltd. Which includes the journal will only be accepted on
the condition that the ADVERTISER warrants that the Advertisement does
not in any way contravene the provisions of the Trade Descriptions Act,
1968, or the Sex Discriminations Act, 1975.
16. The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall
amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions
stipulated on an agency’s order form elsewhere, by an agency or an
advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.